Leader Invests in Himself – Bishop Dag Heward Mills (Devotion). A leader has a number of people who look up to him. These followers have expectations of their leader.
It is important that the leader makes efforts to invest in bonding with his followers. One of the ways to do this is to know the names of many of the people you lead. The Bible says that:
…and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. John 10:3.
Every leader who invests in himself will ensure that he remains the leader. Many things are prone to deterioration, corruption and decline. A leader must know that the world is moving forward, with several changes daily.
The leader who recognises this takes heed to himself and takes steps to consciously improve on himself.
Three reasons why every leader must invest in himself:
• A leader must invest in himself because of the law of deterioration.
This law says that everything is decaying naturally. Nothing on earth stays in a healthy original condition for long. This is why the Bible warns that the crown, i.e. your leadership position is not guaranteed forever.
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. For riches are not for ever: and doth the crown endure to every generation? Proverbs 27:23-24
• A leader must invest in himself because of the law of staying one step ahead.
There is no leadership unless you are a step ahead. You are called a leader because you are ahead of those you lead. A leader must constantly investing in himself in order to stay at least one step ahead of his followers. Without doing this, a leader falls out of his position.
• A leader must invest in himself because of the law of taking care of yourself before you can take care of someone else.
Whenever there is any problem on a plane, adults are instructed to take care of themselves before taking care of their children. Paul said the same thing. There is no way you can save others unless you save yourself.
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. 1 Timothy 4:16
Seven ways leader invests in himself
• A leader can invest in himself by reading the Bible everyday: The Bible is the greatest source of wisdom.
In 1986 I travelled to London as a student. I bought one thing for myself – a special reference Bible. I used up all my meagre student’s allowance to invest in myself. I have never regretted that investment.
…but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap… Galatians 6:8
• A leader can invest in himself by reading books every day: There are so many things you will not know unless you make a special effort to acquire that knowledge. Remember that a book is a patient teacher!
• A leader can invest in himself by listening to audio messages or podcasts: We are blessed in these days to have the benefit of technology so that we can benefit from podcasts and audio books. • A leader can invest in himself by watching video tapes of anointed men of God teaching wisdom: Many times, “seeing” empowers you to do. Because you see it, you believe it is possible.
• A leader can invest in himself by attending seminars, conferences and church services: These will make you a better person as you sit at the feet of experienced and leaned people to acquire knowledge and seek answers to your questions.
• A leader can invest in himself by building up a personal library of books and messages: You will build for yourself a good resource library.
• A leader can invest in himself by spending more money on his books than he does on his clothes and his hair.
A leader who invests in himself makes himself useful for a long time. Do not allow yourself to deteriorate and become irrelevant.
(Culled from “The Art of Leadership”)
Kindly Contact GospelEmpireGh.Com for the Following Services:
Branding | Online Advertising | Content Creation | Publicity | Event Planning & Management | Christian News Publication
Call/WhatsApp: +233 558856705
Email: [email protected]
Thank You for Choosing GospelEmpireGh – Strictly Gospel