Augustine Kofi Owusu Dua Anto popularly known as KODA’s music is an prove of dominance of all music sorts that exists and is continuously bound with flawlessly woven messages about Jesus who he is so passionate about and would make use of any second to relay to you.
Kofi Owusu Dua Anto (KODA) is one of Ghana’s best kept gospel music secrets. A singer, songwriter, composer, producer, multi-instrumentalist, sound engineer and pastor, KODA is a little over thirty-year-old gospel music minister that is passionate about delivering the excellence in production together with touching messages.
His humility and respect for the things of God speak volume of him from afar. Though having accomplished a lot, he still remains a great treasure yet to be discovered by many.
These are 7 revealing facts about the Singer
1. His debut album, ‘Nkwa Boodoo’ won the “Record of the year” for Nkwa Boodoo at the 2015 Ghana Music Awards; “Producer of the year” at the Africa Gospel Music Awards in 2014. He was nominated for this same award in 2012.
2. KODA fell in love with musical instruments at a tender age then his mother enrolled him in a music class at the age of 10 where he developed his skills to play the guitar. He went to the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) where he became the mass choir director of the university.
3. He also worked on Nii Okai’s ‘Moko Be’ and ‘Gye W’ayeyi’ albums which actually blew him up as a producer and has worked with many gospel artists in and out of Ghana including the likes of Nii Okai, “Pastor Joseph Gyebi”, “Danny Nettey”, Pastor Joe Beecham, “Daughters of Glorious Jesus”, “Joyful Way Inc.”, Pastor Helen Yawson, Yaw Osei-Owusu, “Ike Nanor”, “Eugene Zuta”,Jesse Jenkins, Diana Hamilton, Calvis Hammond among others.
4. KODA is Married to “Ewurama Dua Anto” also an anointed singer with an album to her credit and they currently have 2 sons and a baby girl
5. He currently has four vocal and two gospel jazz albums to his credit. “Nyame Beye” which is the first and “Waye Wie” which had hits including “Waye Wie”, ‘Zion’s song’, “Poma”, ‘Amen’ and others. His third album “Black & White” had many hits like; ‘Guide Me O’, ‘Nkwa Abodoo’, ‘Obiara Nte Se Wo’, including the controversial single, ‘Nsem Pii’. His massive project, released in 2016, is OXYGEN containing hit songs like “Adooso ” , “Yaa Pae”, “Chimo”, etc and 2019 released Hosanna Live Album. The Hosanna Live Album features incredible gospel musicians such as likes of Eugene Zuta, Uncle Ato, Charles Pettingle, David Crentsil, Dulcie Yates.
6. KODA was also the music director and instrumentalist of the “Music Wing of Baptist Students Union”, “KNUST’s Simply Jazz Crew”, “God’s Instruments” and a leading member of “Da Project” which was a legendary Ghanaian contemporary gospel group then.
7. As a music tutor, he released a two instructional DVD on bass and lead guitar and also 3 live DVDs of his major concerts;’KODA live 2008′, Black and White live 2013′ and ‘Oxygen Live 2016″
Kindly Contact GospelEmpireGh.Com for the Following Services:
Artiste Profiling | Advertising / Promotion | Artiste Management | Brand Management | Consultancy | Event Management & Organization | Online Content Creation / Curation | Public Relations | Social Media Marketing | Social Media Management
Call/WhatsApp: +233 558856705
Email: [email protected]
Thank You for Choosing GospelEmpireGh