A Leader Must Not Waste Time on Critical People – Dagheward Mills: A critical person is one who is inclined to always criticize severely and unfavourably. Such a person easily expresses criticism and disapproval at every opportunity.
Dear leader, do not waste your time on such people. They just set you back.
• Critical people are often frustrated people who have failed in life. You must remember that frustration creates bitterness. Bitterness, on the other hand, is made manifest by criticism.
• A critical person is someone who sees nothing good in what you do. How could those who criticised Jesus not have heard his powerful teaching nor seen miracles? A critical person sees nothing good in whatever you do.
That is how political parties in the opposition usually behave.
No matter what, they see nothing good in the ruling party.
• Critical people are often disappointed and disillusioned in their personal lives. Do not forget to ask a few questions about the one who is criticising you most.
You will be amazed to find that he or she is an immoral, lying and stealing individual.
The person may be criticising you for what he is doing that you have not done.
A disillusioned person does not see clearly. These disappointed and disillusioned persons are likely to speak out of their circumstances.
• Critical people are often people who build their lives by destroying others.
These people have not succeeded at anything. All they try to do is to pull down everyone to their level of non-achievement.
• Critical people do not often live long. The Bible is very clear on this principle. If you love life, keep your mouth from saying the wrong things. For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 1 Peter 3:10
• Critical people often have psycho-social problems. Such people are often rejected and unloved people who have not had the love of a father or mother. Their criticism is often a cry for attention.
• Jesus did not answer His critics. Note this amazing characteristic displayed by Jesus. Jesus responded to the hunger and thirst of the multitudes and not to the hatred of his enemies.
And as soon as he knew that he belonged unto Herod’s jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who himself also was at Jerusalem at that time. And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceedingly glad for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.
Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.
And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him. Luke 23:7-10
•Criticism is part of the ministry. There is nothing like ministry without criticism. Jesus was perfect. If he was criticised, accused and murdered, what do you think will happen to someone like you who is not perfect?
•It is not possible to minister without accusation. It is part of the package of those who follow Jesus. Jesus promised rewards with persecution. But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
• Someone said, “Criticism is the death gargle of a non-achiever.” Think about that.
•I am yet to meet a critical individual who is a good person. Criticism seems to be a symptom of many other evils stored within an individual.
It is people who are defiled and unbelieving who see impurities in everything. Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled
• Critical people are often trying to lure you into an argument or a debate. Do not be deceived. Satan wants your emotions to be worked up because of unbelievable accusations and criticisms. When he throws the bait, do not respond.
• Critical people are often trying to trap you through your words. Critics are full of suspicion. They suspect you of all sorts of evils. They want further evidence to justify their suspicions.
• You can learn something from your critics. Your friends are not likely to point out your mistakes. Your enemies are more likely to magnify your shortcomings in an attempt to bring you down. It is worth taking note of what they say, so that you can make the necessary adjustments.
• Enemies do not give “constructive” criticism. Your enemy is not trying to build up (construct) your life. How can he give you anything “constructive”? It is not wrong to label everything that comes from your enemy as destructive. Decide to pick wisdom and direction from this dangerous criticism without being contaminated.
• Refuse to listen to certain criticisms because they are arrows of accusation intended to injure your heart. Remember the Bible admonishes you to “Keep your heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life.”
• Critical people are often ignorant. Much criticism is based on incomplete information. Many critical people are ignoramuses.
•Critical people are often inexperienced. Much criticism comes from the mouths of men of straw. These are men of no substance. They have neither knowledge nor experience.
• Critical people minister poison which spreads to those who hear it. The people who criticise you, often hate you deeply. They want others to hate you as well.
• Your response to every criticism should be, “Full stop and back to you!” This is what my children advise.
Dear leader, remember that a servant cannot be greater than his master. If Jesus was criticised, you will be criticised too. Do not allow criticisms to stop you in your track. Maintain the aim and be steadfast.
Writer’s E-mai: [email protected]
Kindly Contact GospelEmpireGh.Com for the Following Services:
Artiste Profiling | Advertising / Promotion | Artiste Management | Brand Management | Consultancy | Event Management & Organization | Online Content Creation / Curation | Public Relations | Social Media Marketing | Social Media Management
- Call/WhatsApp: +233 558856705
- Email: [email protected]
CONNECT WITH US:
- Facebook: (@gospelempiregh)
- Twitter: (@gospelempiregh)
- Instagram: (@gospelempiregh)
- YouTube: (Gospel Empire TV)
Thank You for Choosing GospelEmpireGh – Strictly Gospel